Nov 18, 2009
With Thanksgiving a week away, its time to roll up your sleeves and help your kids make their favorite Thanksgiving Toilet Paper Turkeys! This easy craft will allow your little ones to showcase their artwork this Thanksgiving. If you are having a less formal event, try having your child make a Toilet Paper Turkey for each guest and write his or her name on each one to use as a seating card.
– 1 empty toilet paper roll core
– 1 sheet of yellow, orange, brown & red construction paper
– 2 Googlie eyes
– Clear plastic tape
1. Clean off the toilet paper core – make sure there are no toilet paper pieces left behind!
2. Take the sheets of red, yellow, & orange paper and cut two 3.5” long tear drop shapes(tail) of each color giving you 6 feathers total.
3. Take the brown sheet of paper and cut out a 5” round circle(turkey back), a 1.5” round circle (face), and a .75”x3.5” rectangle (neck).
4. Take a scrap of the remaining yellow paper and cut a small triangle (nose).
5. Assemble the feathers in alternating colors and fan them out so they look like the picture below.
6. Glue the fan-outed feathers to the large brown circle.
7. Glue the large brown circle (with feathers attached) to one end of the toilet paper core.
8. Glue the 2 googlie-eyes and yellow beak onto the smaller round circle so it resembles a face.
9. Glue the face to the brown rectangle neck.
10. Place the neck up against the empty end of the toilet paper core. Take two small pieces of clear plastic tape and fasten the neck in place. (Hint: You really do need the tape here; the glue just doesn’t cut it).
Voila – All finished! Congratualations, you have successfully completed your first toilet paper turkey. Hope these bring extra smiles to your Thanksgiving celebration this year! From all of us here at ToiletPaperWorld.com, we wish you a happy, healthy, and safe Thanksgiving! If you are in need of any Thanksgiving supplies, be sure to visit our special Thanksgiving Sale section to save up to 40% off holiday neccessities such as napkins, toilet paper, plates, to go containers, steam table pans, and much more!