Jan 18, 2010
Here at ToiletPaperWorld.com, we are very animal friendly. Often times our employees bring thier dogs to work. So when I saw this great idea for a “no-kill” mousetrap, I just had to repost it! We have had problems with mice before in my house and I have resorted to using the more traditional traps, but this one is safe and easy.
- Get a toilet paper tube and crease two lines to form a flat sided tunnel.
- Put a treat on one end of the tube: A cracker and dab of peanut butter works great.
- Get a tall (at least 20 inches) bucket. A trash can works well.
- Balance the tube precariously on the edge of a table or counter with the treat hanging directly over the tall sided receptacle.
- The mouse will scurry to the treat (they like tunnels) and fall into the trap.
- Then you can release the mouse far from your house!
Thanks to LifeHacker.com for the idea!