Mar 25, 2011
Apparently, coffee filters can do a lot more than make a refreshing pot of coffee. I recently happened to catch a small segment on different uses for coffee filters, and out of curiosity found several more that are worth sharing. Here are some great, practical uses you might never have thought of for coffee filters:
– Funnel Liquids: Use them as a funnel to pour oil into your car, or liquid from one container to another.
– Dusters: Great for dusting off screens or glass; they won’t leave lint behind like paper towel.
– Covering Microwave Leftovers: Cover up leftovers in the microwave with coffee filters to prevent them from making a mess.
– Soaking Up Greasy Foods: These work wonderfully for soaking the grease off of bacon, French fries, or anything greasy that you might cook up.
– Protect Items From Scratches: Can be used to store or stack dishes so they don’t chip on each other, or used to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
– Snacking: Use as a disposable snack bowl to avoid dirty dishes.
– Prevent Rusting: Place in your cast iron skillet to soak up any moisture that may accumulate and avoid rusting over time.
– Make Tea Bags: Make tea bags for loose tea by pouring tea into it and tying it up with some string.
-Deodorizer: Fill a coffee filter with baking soda and tie the top with string or a twist tie. Place it into a closet, locker, your car, etc. as a deodorizer.
There you have it, 10 great uses for coffee filters! Have any more suggestions for using them? Please share them in the comments section. Buy coffee filters in bulk cheap and you’ll save money by replacing paper towels and other household items!